Civic and Community – Aid those less fortunate with basic needs like food, clothing, emergency care, school supplies, job search coaching, animal welfare causes. We also support local agencies like CCAP food pantry, Brain Injury Association of RI and MAE Organization for the Homeless.
Ongoing support to our neighbors at the Queen Louise Home for Children and the Elderly, and animal rescue efforts, on the beautiful island of St Croix, US Virgin Islands.
Education – Provide assistance so that children and youth achieve success and increase high school graduation.
Economic Opportunity – Provide services related to economic opportunity for economically disadvantaged individuals within communities including financial literacy, housing assistance, job training and
We achieve this by having monthly and ongoing fundraising events, great volunteers, donors and support from community businesses, family, friends. Ongoing food and clothing drives.
And of course, our Annual Fundraising Gala is an event that everyone looks forward to, which will include great food, music, raffles, silent and live auctions and so much more.
We pride ourselves in being able to help in anyway we can, so let us know if we can help you too.
Donors Bill of Rights
Donors Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.